Grammy-nominated musician and Bass Player Hall of Famer, Lee Rocker is an original founder of The Stray Cats, who sold 10+ million records, earned 23 gold and platinum records, were music video pioneers of the MTV generation, and secured their place in rock ‘n roll history with “Stray Cat Strut”, “Sexy and Seventeen” and “Rock this Town” (cited by The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 500 most impor tant songs in Rock). From the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine, to appearing on Saturday Night Live, to headlining the US Festival, touring with the Rolling Stones and starring in the Broadway show Million Dollar Quartet, Lee Rocker has seen and done it all.
Lee and his band have been touring, recording and performing since 1980 and have a fanatically loyal following of rockers, rebels and music lovers. His concert is a combination of great songs and great story-telling – a musical journey through rockabilly, rock & roll, and Americana, including classic Stray Cats, Elvis and Carl Perkins hits, covers of songs by the mega-stars Lee has toured and recorded with… plus some great Lee Rocker original tunes:
• Stray Cat Strut – top 10 hit single in 23 countries
• Built for Speed – title track of double platinum record, #2 behind Michael Jackson’s Thriller
• That’s Alright Mama/Blue Moon of Kentucky – Elvis Presley’s first released record
• Honey Don’t – Carl Perkins song & early Beatles hit. Lee toured and recorded extensively with Perkins.
• Sexy and 17 – Stray Cats top 5 hit single
• I’ll Cry Instead – Beatles song. Lee recorded and played live with both George and Ringo!
• Memphis Freeze – a Lee Rocker original!
• Ophelia – by “The Band’s” Levon Helm with whom Lee performed at Midnight Ramble sessions.
• True Love Ways – Buddy Holly ballad and the last song he recorded before his passing
• Bulletproof – another great Lee Rocker song and title track of his popular album
• Rock This Town – Stray Cats mega-hit and one of the 500 most important songs in rock ‘n roll
©2019 Global Touring & Promotion - GBI Touring